Pages

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Relish11.2 - Comfort soup

Our lives can be as much about consuming as they are about creating, it seems. But what is most interesting in hindsight is what we have given life to as we went through the course of our days. It doesn’t have to be literal art, like a painting or a poem (though those are beautiful and essential too). Consider what was a creation of your own mind this year. What art did you make?

Comfort Pumpkin Carrot Soup


In my last year in university in England, I had a lot of free time on my hands. I had a beautiful kitchen. And I was very cold 90% of the time. These ingredients combined together make for plenty of comfort food being cooked up, wonderful smells, steaming hot dishes, and a few extra kilograms. When I returned to Malaysia, this kind of comforting, nourishing, home-cooked food was one of the first things I missed. So I cooked up my very own pumpkin soup recipe to satisfy these cravings.

This is the kind of soup you want to drink on a rainy day, whether it's raining outside or raining in your soul. Maybe it's the nourishing, wholesome taste. Maybe it's the bright splash of sunny colour that audaciously screams "I dare you to stay miserable looking at me!" Who knows? All I know is this soup is comforting and delicious, and will probably make you go back for seconds.

No comments:

Post a Comment