Pages

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Relish11.6 - Silence

What is one thing you have come to truly relish in 2011? How do you express your gratitude for it?
Silence


For the first whole month I was in the UK, I had trouble sleeping at night. The problem was the silence was so loud, it was deafening. It took me some time, but I got used to it. I also realised how much noise - not just auditory noise but mental and visual noise I'd been surrounded by in the city.

These days, I express my gratitude for silence by no longer making a habit of always having the radio on when I drive or having music playing in the background as I work. These days, I cherish the silence. These days, I feel incomplete and deprived if I don't have my moment of silence in a day, because the silence helps me clear my mind, throw out clutter and negativity swirling around in my head, and helps me to come to a place of peace within myself.

See how nature - trees, flowers, grass- grows in silence; see the stars, the moon and the sun, how they move in silence... We need silence to be able to touch souls. -Mother Teresa

No comments:

Post a Comment