Pages

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Relish11.9 - Words

What quote, or line from a poem or a song, most captures what this year was for you?
It's hard for me to pick one. So I've narrowed it down to one of each: a quote, a poem, and a line from a song. :)

This year, in a nutshell, has been an incredible journey. There was a lot of travelling done - literally, as well as within my soul. So many new and unfamiliar experiences have been squeezed into the past 11 months, but  in the middle of all the wandering and exploring, there is the one thing that anchors me, that always brings me back to where I began, and to who I am.

Quote.
"Not all who wander are lost." -J. R. R. Tolkien

Poem.
"We shall not cease from exploration.
And the end of all our exploring.
Will be to arrive where we started.
And know the place for the first time."
-T.S. Eliot, Four Quartets

Song.
"Wherever I wander, the one thing I've learned;
It's to here, I will always return." -This is Where I Belong, Bryan Adams

No comments:

Post a Comment