Pages

Thursday, April 7, 2011

The moment just before getting what you want

Right now I want so many things. I want a crib of my own to domesticate and make pretty and nice-smelling. I want an espresso machine so my whole kitchen will smell of coffee in the morning. I want to see you smile. I want to go out dancing. I want to go somewhere warm enough to wind down my windows and drive into the night. I want to hug my baby brother - actually, both my baby brothers - and tell them how much I missed them. I want someone to snuggle next too or actually, even a cat would be nice.

I want to want things. Every single day. I want my life to be driven by passion and longing and wanting everything good and beautiful, even if I can't have all of it.

"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best—" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. -Winnie the Pooh

No comments:

Post a Comment