Pages

Monday, May 7, 2012

refreshed




Here we go
Let in the light from my window
Say goodbye to my sorrow
And hello, new day

My soul needed a rescue
A Hero, it had to be You
I know You’ve changed everything

So I want everyone to know
Everyone to know
I want to tell the world about Your love

I’ve thrown years away
And every chance to change
It took so much to see my pride
I’ve thrown punches in the air
Chased after love that wasn’t there
I know only You satisfy

To all the broken hearted
The crippled and the weak
We are all invited to taste and see
To all of those who are searching

Come find what you seek
It is the truth that we all need

***

it's been awhile since i've been really, really challenged. refreshed. inspired. filled. fueled. but sometimes it just takes that one step to push yourself out of your comfort zone, to desire, to hunger for more. and then things just start happening.

you meet people, you have conversations, you encounter situations that remind you what the bigger picture is all about. what this life is all about. what fighting the good fight and dreaming and working for a better tomorrow is all about.

that's what this entire past week has been for me. a refreshing. a reawakening. a renewing. a rebirth. and the thing with coming alive all over again, with being so crazy excited about doing this thing called life, with not just surviving but embracing all the challenges it has to offer, is that it affects every single area of your life.

if you've noticed, this blog has come to life again over the last week or so. if you've talked to me lately, you'd have noticed how excited i am to share what's been going on in my life. if you've checked out my sidebar, you'd see the kilometers i've been racking up since i decided i'm absolutely going to run 21km at the stanchart marathon next month.

the thing with passion is you can't get passionate about something... and not have it lead you to getting passionate about everything else in your life. and when you get passionate about everything in your life, you can't not want to share that passion and get people to become that passionate as well, because you know the difference. you've been there, and you know the difference between waking up on a monday and thinking, omg, not another week, and between waking up on a monday and going, yes, another week!

the question is how. how do you get people to get excited about life? to get excited about using their gift and talents to make a real, positive difference in their world?

i don't know. i'm still trying to figure that out. but i guess it starts with first coming alive myself. i guess it starts with getting so infected by joy and passion and determination that it becomes contagious.

“Passion is passion. It's the excitement between the tedious spaces, and it doesn't matter where it's directed...It can be coins or sports or politics or horses or music or faith...the saddest people I've ever met in life are the ones who don't care deeply about anything at all.” -Nicholas Sparks, Dear John

No comments:

Post a Comment