Pages

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

In my dreams, I am with you






In my dreams I’m in Pike’s Place,
Nolita,
Old Cape Cod,
London,
Paris,
Rome,
Tuscany,
Phnom Penh,
Kota Kinbalu,
Santorini,
Redang.






In my dreams I’m walking through the market,
chasing bands around the city in the middle of the night,
watching workers tend the vines,
sitting at a bar and people-watching,
strolling through the park,
feeding ducks,
lying in the hammock,
listening to the rain hammering against the roof in the middle of the night,
sipping espresso in a sidewalk cafe,
visiting an art museum,
making pancakes for breakfast,
watching fireworks on New Year’s,
waking up to a thriving, bustling metropolis,
waking up to idyllic contryside,
smelling the seaside air,
painting, drawing, writing,
hitch-hiking,
cycling across the countryside,
camping out in the wild,
canoeing back to shore as the sun sets,
stopping to listen to the street musicians play,
roasting marshmallows over a beachside bonfire,
wrapping myself in a sleeping bag as I drift off to sleep.



In my dreams I am running,
jumping,
flying,
twisting,
dancing,
changing,
stretching,
learning,
growing,
feeling,
living,
loving,
risking,
screaming,
being.

In my dreams I feel peaceful,
impatient,
excited,
restless,
calm,
exhilarated,
excited,
relaxed,
refreshed,
alert,
tense,
blissful,
content.

In my dreams, I am with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment