Pages

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Reminders of things that matter

There is much I want to write about.

There's Bersih 2.0, and the subtle undercurrents, beneath all the drama, of a newly-sparked passion for our country among my oft-dubbed as apathetic generation.

Or a recent series of wakes and funerals I've attended and how it often takes sudden and unexpected events like these to slow us down and put things into perspective. (Why do we gather and spend so lavishly - and regretfully - upon someone's passing instead of having used that time and money to celebrate them while they were still alive?)

But there are only so many hours in a day, and other priorities and obligations to attend to, that by the time I sit down to write about these things, other events will have taken place, and the experiences of today a faded memory.

So instead, I will just be thankful for today's reminders:

Of the things that matter in life - friends, family, and a place to call home.

And to live each day with passion and purpose - a life that, in the face of the unexpected, will hold no regrets from yesterday.

2 comments:

  1. Hey remember that post about what you want to do. And one of them was to go around and take photos. Well I plan to do that, when my internship is over.

    You interested?

    ReplyDelete