Pages

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Plan b. @ Bangsar Village I

The following is not a sponsored review.

I am a breakfast / brunch person. There's something about a warm, hearty meal and a fresh cup of coffee that makes it worth rolling out of bed in the morning for. Hence, I never turn down an invitation for breakfast, especially when it's a place I've never tried before.


Was introduced to Plan b. in the old Bangsar Village shopping complex by (again, unsurprisingly) fellow foodie and coffee lover @leviasher (who somehow knows where all the good hang out spots are). Barely open for a year, the place has already gathered much buzz among locals and on food blogs.


The rustic, eclectic interior design and interesting lighting pieces lend a very artsy, alternative vibe to the café unlike other cafés I've come across in KL. (With places like The Bee and Plan b., I don't know why I'll ever have a reason to visit Starbucks, Coffee Bean, or the like ever again!)


And their coffee? Definitely coffee worth waking up for. I'm an iced long black person, because I like my coffee like I like my life - strong, intense and simple, and because I can't imagine drinking a hot drink in this sweltering heat. My breakfast partner, however, is a hot coffee person, which worked out well because an iced long black doesn't make a very interesting photography subject. :P



Breakfast for me was a hugeeee turkey ham and rocket omelette with toast and for him, eggs benedict.

My omelette was soft, fluffy, and wayy filling - so much so that it lasted me all the way through dinner without so much as the slightest tummy growl.

Forgot to take down prices (because I'm that good a food blogger :P) but it's more or less the same price range as most coffeehouses around - RM15-20 for brunch and RM6-8 for coffee.

In a nutshell, yet another inspiring place to chill out and enjoy good coffee. Starbucks, it has been a long relationship and I've stayed faithful to you all these years, but I'm sorry, it's time for me to move on.

Opening hours: 8AM - 12 midnight daily

Check out Plan b. on Facebook!

1 comment:

  1. Nice review. Hope you can share it at http://www.restaurantsmalaysia.net/pageitem/plan-b-bangsar-village

    ReplyDelete