Pages

Friday, August 5, 2011

The Thirty List

I found this whilst browsing through my old blog:

Bucket List
  1. Visit Europe (Essentials: London, France, Italy, Scotland, Sweden, Ireland, Spain, Greece, the Netherlands)
  2. Conquer Mount Kinabalu (the tallest mountain is in Southeast Asia and also located right in my backyard! Well... almost.)
  3. Explore the Middle East
  4. Become a certified deep sea diver (so I can dive anyplace in the world I land myself in)
  5. Get a degree
  6. Witness a white Christmas (and why not make a snow angel while I'm at it?)
  7. Travel on a cruise ship (or even stepping on board for a few hours would be enough)
  8. Fall in love
  9. Get married
  10. Open a coffeehouse and bakery
  11. Give birth
  12. Write a book
  13. Own my own kitchen
  14. Make a difference in someone's life
-2010-

I'm happy to report I've checked off 1 (or London, France, and Scotland, at least), 4, 5, 6, and 8! :)

It's a tad late in the year, but better late than never. Here's my revised 2011 Bucket List.

I have been spending the past two months thinking about what I want to do with my twenties - I was so driven and ambitious in my teens, and I think I've lost some of that! Plus, I'm quickly running out of time on my 9-year life plan that I decided upon at 15 (Finish high school - 16; Finish college - 19; Graduate from univesity - 21; Be working and living away from home, or married - 24).

I need a new life plan. So I actually should not call this a Bucket List, because this is really my list of things to do before I hit 30 (just 9 years to go, omg!). Then a new list begins.
  1. Travel somewhere alone.
  2. Tour France.
  3. Visit Italy, Sweden, Greece, and the Middle East. (I don't really give a damn where I go, as long as it's somewhere new, but if I could pick, it'd be these places first.)
  4. Speak French decently.
  5. Travel on a cruise ship or luxury train.
  6. Write a book. (Before 25)
  7. Own a house.
  8. Do humanitarian work for a year in a 3rd world country.
  9. Achieve a Master's degree and/or ESL teaching certification. (Before 25)
  10. Travel and teach anywhere outside Malaysia.
On a shorter term scale, my goals for the week are to start exercising and sleeping properly again. It's been a hectic past month, hence the lack of updates. Glad you're still reading! And tell me if you share some of the same goals - who knows, ours could overlap!

No comments:

Post a Comment