Pages

Saturday, August 20, 2011

My love is like the ocean

inspired by the quiet place and a certain muse

my love is like the ocean
vast and deep
and on nights like this
it doesn't need to be held in someone's arms
cannot be held in someone's arms

my love ebbs and flows and it rides on the waves of life
knowing no two mornings or evenings or sunsets
will ever be the same
ever
and stops to cherish all of it
before the tide comes and washes the moment away
out to sea

is where my love flits and dances
on shimmering freckles of golden light
and when the sun goes down
slows to a sway
rocking these precious memories of you
me
us
to sleep
moonbeam kisses
carry these postcards
from once upon a remembering
down, down to the depths of my love
where they will always stay
anchored
as the seasons and currents roll around them
always changing
like my love

wants you
but not squeezed into a note and bottled up
but without the need for bait
but not merely floating on the surface
that wants you
all of you

to be happy
to be free
to wander the lands and seas

to feel my love
bubbling, crashing, tripping, tumbling
all around you
as wild and free as you roam
flowing around the world
and back

to places you will see as though through new eyes
to places you will lay your head to rest
to places you will ask questions
to places you will search for answers

my love is like the ocean
and wherever you are it will follow you
and back
my love is like the ocean
untamed and fierce
but also sure
steady
enduring
the ocean
is
my love
my love
is
you

No comments:

Post a Comment