Pages

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Thankful

My last post talked about feeling empty, and lacking.

So I thought it would be a good time to focus on the opposite - on abundance and fullness.

Despite what I lack, when I have some down time to stop and clear my head - usually stuck in a jam or on the LRT after work - I never fail to be reminded of the abundance of blessings that my life is flooded with.

I could do with more thankfulness. I think all of us could. There are a million and one things we take for granted every day, every moment, that we forget to say 'thank you' for.

Someone once said if the only prayer you ever said was "Thank you", that would be enough (Meister Eckhart). I completely agree. Except I would add "I'm sorry" to "Thank you." I think those four little words are the most important words anyone could ever learn.

So this is a thankful post, counting the dozens of blessings that have been showered on me.

I'm thankful for:

  • Amazing friends
  • Answered prayers for Good People to come into my life  
  • Working for a company whose values I share and whose vision I can believe in
  • Getting plugged back into a community of believers who come together in a way I've always dreamed to see - with no regards for denomination, without being judgemental or critical, but being real, admitting we're not perfect, and just doing life together as we learn to be more like Him
  • Being reminded and inspired again to live each day as if it were my last while watching Jayesslee live
  • The chance to be part of an amazing global competition with the prize of a year-long trip around the world for Good Causes
  • A new PC
  • Being able to afford brand new books
  • Being challenged to think and dream bigger
  • Discovering an awesome new chocolate cake recipe with Joanne
  • Working together with an amazing team behind CultureRun's Big Idea
  • An opportunity to climb Mount Kinabalu (which has always been on my bucket list) that appeared out of the blue
  • The occasionally-crazy, but also the sweetest, most loving cat in the world that makes me look forward to coming home every day
  • Home-baked goodness
  • Inspiring and challenging conversations that leave me fired up to do more, live more, be more, love more
  • His grace, that is always enough

My cup overflows.

No comments:

Post a Comment