Pages

Monday, January 28, 2013

"If you want to change the world, you need to change your story."



"...when we begin to see our suffering as a story, we are saved." // Anaïs Nin

"Great stories happen to those who can tell them." // Ira Glass

"We live in story like a fish lives in water. We swim through words and images siphoning story through our minds the way a fish siphons water through its gills. We cannot think without language, we cannot process experience without story." // Christina Baldwin

"We are healed by our stories." // Terre Tempest Williams

"The stories we tell literally make the world. If you want to change the world, you need to change your story." // Michael Margolis

***

I’ve always found the idea quite beautiful that life is about so much more than myself, and my stories are part of other people’s stories as well. I believe that part of the human experience is that we are all connected to each other, and sometimes without even knowing it, our lives have a ripple effect on others.

We all have our stories to tell. I pray that I will be able to tell, and live, mine well.

No comments:

Post a Comment