Pages

Saturday, January 26, 2013

Today, I run because I know who owns me



"Not that I have already obtained this or am already perfect, but I press on to make it my own, because Christ Jesus has made me his own. Brothers, I do not consider that I have made it my own. But one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus." // Philippians 3:12-14

Today, I run because it reminds me who owns me. It reminds me that I am not owned by my fears, my insecurities, my worries, other people's opinions, or the pressures and stress of this world, though sometimes it may feel that way. I am owned by Christ. And because He has taken hold of me, I am able to master my days, my emotions, my body.

I'm able to own tough runs, knowing they will make me stronger. I'm able to own tough days, knowing that there's still tomorrow to look forward to. I'm able to own the self-doubt that threatens to fill my mind and distract me, knowing where my security is found.

I run because it reminds me that I don't have to be mastered by things that weigh me down, that I am mastered by the only true giver of life, and that it will always be an uphill climb, but because of who owns me, I have strength enough to keep pressing on towards discovering His destiny and plan for me.


Today's inspiration: 

Popou

No comments:

Post a Comment