Pages

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Dreamsville

I drift into consciousness, my senses slowly waking up one by one to the sensation of your fingers gently stroking my back, the gentle sound of your breathing, and your sleepy eyes looking at me. I snuggled closer against your chest, close enough to feel your heartbeat.

In moments like these, I usually try to fight sleep because I don't want the moment to end.

But this time, I close my eyes and let weariness carry me back to dreamland, because somehow I know I will see you there.

And I do. While the rest of the world spins on, I drift in and out of sleep, unafraid to lose the moment, because each time I open or close my eyes, you are there.

1 comment:

  1. actually a cat did this to me once. And it wasnt even my cat!
    some random cat belonging to the neighbours decided to pay me a midnite visit.

    ReplyDelete