Pages

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Life is beautiful

(via be-the-change)

I soon realized that no journey carries one far unless, as it extends into the world around us, it goes an equal distance into the world within. – Lillian Smith

Life is a mystery. The most confounding of riddles, the epitome of paradoxes.
But we can let the mystery confuse us and scare us... or get lost in the wonder of it.

Life is a battle. A long, harsh, vicious, raging war.
But we can claw our way to stay alive or fight it like warriors.

Life is a romance. A delicious, enchanting, seductive romance.
But we can settle for lusting after life, getting by on fantasies and unfulfilled longings, or actually going all out, living life, and falling head over heels in love with it.

Life is pain and disappointment.
But it is also healing through the very same things that hurt you, if you let it be.

Life is beautiful. So painful but so beautiful.
But life is what you make it.

P/S - On a side note, I always have these great moments of self-realization and remembering what made me me when I look back at my collection of quotes that have driven and inspired me, whether in my handwritten quote book or my Tumblr. :) Awesome stuff. 

No comments:

Post a Comment