Pages

Monday, March 14, 2011

I hope you make it to LA

I didn't mean to fall for you. And when I say 'fall for you', I don't mean the usual, cliched, butterflies-in-my-stomach, heart racing, breathless, swept-off-my-feet experience.

It was not that way with you - falling for you was not significantly dramatic. But don't get me wrong - it's not that you didn't make an impression on me. You did. It's not that I don't think you are amazing, irresistibly cute, charming, funny, and sweet all wrapped up in one. I do.

But with you, right from the start, it felt somehow... comfortable. Something about you felt somehow... familiar. It was not forced or rushed; there was no need for wondering or explaining or trying to define what we were. It just was what it was - simple, like the way you see the world.

I still don't understand how in so little words we could have such deep conversations and find so many perspectives and interests we share, but somehow we did, even without saying much. I still don't understand how someone from such a completely different world can live life the way I do and care about the things I care about. But maybe I don't need or want to understand - all I know is, I'm glad we met, even if I never meant to fall for you, and even if we knew from the start that this wouldn't last.

I'm glad I met you -

someone who wants to stay young forever, see as much of the world as possible, be the best person possible for the people in his life, who hears music and sees beauty everywhere, who dreams with his head in the clouds and his feet on the ground, who drifts through life, not trying to hold on to anything but to soak it all in and experience as much of it as possible, who loves animals, dancing, good food, the beach, and most of all, people.

Because knowing you reminds me that I'm not alone, and that it's okay to be who I am.

You might not think so, but I think you're one of the kindest, gentlest, most amazing people I've ever met.

I hope all your dreams come true, and I hope you make it to LA. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment